Sunday, September 5, 2010

Toasted Marshmallow

Yesterday I embarked on an adventure that is new to me. I have been inspired by several people to look for small ways to improve those places in your home that need a little love and attention. I have always been hesitant to start a project like this for fear that it won't turn out right and it will be there to stare me in the face as if to say, "See, I told you so." I almost gave up when I was looking for paint, but I found the color "Toasted Marshmallow" and since it was for the fireplace, it was just meant to be! So, for $35 and with the little extra push and help from a friend (thanks Amee), our fireplace has a whole new look.

Before


During


After
So, what do you think? Want to come over and "toast" a marshmallow with me in our new fireplace?




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great Lindsey!! Good job!:)
Karla

Lindsey said...

Thanks Karla! It was fun. ;-)

Unknown said...

Looks like it belongs now. I love it. Hope to get to come in the Winter and enjoy a fire. But I really cant wait to see you at the beach next wk! Good Job on the Fireplace.

Lindsey said...

Thanks Connie! We hope you guys get to come as well!! Just think, snow on the ground, nice toasty fire, and grandbabies to play with. :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE it! Wow! It's beautiful AND you did something so fun and crazy!!! Yes, I would like to come and toast a marshmallow with you:)

Lindsey said...

Thanks Britt! You bring the chocolate, I'll supply graham crackers and marshmallows and we could even make smores. :)